Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Make a change! Owner, Rebecca "Reba" Hecht, paves the way!




            This spring at Adorn, we are throwing down the gauntlet.  We challenge you to make a change.  We triple dog dare ya!  We will even pay you... we will give you a dollar (or donate one to charity) if you'll accept the challenge.  Now I have to admit, I personally have been stuck in a style rut for the past 3 years or so.  Since I grew my last short cut out, I've just reverted back to the long layered hair of my youth.  My default hairstyle - I think we all have one that we think works for us whether we're 13, 43 or 103 years old. There is for most of us a hair style that is akin to restoring factory settings on one of your tech devices.  This is where I've been living.  I've also been keeping my hair color pretty natural and low maintenance - especially since becoming a mother.  But I hate admitting that, because I think that excuses like, "I don't have time to take care of myself," or "what if I don't like it," or "I don't know what would look good on me" are lame.  I have fallen victim to my own brand of lame hair apathy. That is why we have these people called professionals who are educated on these matters and in fact, enjoy what they do.  I recently challenged myself to take the plunge and make a change.  Our new stylist, Sophie, gave me a super shiny all over copper glaze with some easy to maintain highlights and low lights.  She also took about 3 inches off of my hair, straighted my self inflicted bangs, and gave me some new face framing layers.  I admit, it was not a heroic change- if the winds of change blew through my hair, they would be a gentle breeze.  BUT I am walking a little lighter and feeling a little brighter- and definitely happier with what I see when I catch my reflection in a mirror.  So come on, make a change - it's spring - 'tis the season, is it not?

-Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment