Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Get to Know Adorn > Stylist LT Ingeneri

LT Ingeneri sittin' pretty in the Adorn Bridal Suite




We are so lucky here at Adorn. We have a kick-ass team who work really hard to make every client feel special and that they're walking out of the Salon doors as happy as can be.

We thought it would be fun to do a Q&A series where we let you get to know each member by asking a few questions about themselves.

First up - LT Ingeneri.

Enjoy!

_________________________

Q. How long have you lived in Asheville?
LT: About 10 months now.


Q. Do you like it? 
LT: Yeah. Totally


Q. Where did you move from?   
LT: Florida. A place called Weeki Wachee. It's on the nature coast.
 (and home to Mermaid Shows!)


Q. When did you join Adorn?
 LT: It's been about 3 months now.


Q. What's your favorite part about working at Adorn?
LT: I think the art and diversity around me - it's really inspiring to see everyone on their own level and it's all really different and it's all really good.


Q. Have you ever had a Chair Nightmare experience when a client was particularly challenging?
LT: I had one experience (at another salon) where it was really hard for me to keep my composure and remain professional (laughs). This guy came in and he was bald on the top but then had long straight hair which is not a big deal. So he first wanted me to cut his hair. So I was cutting his hair. Then he wanted to know what it would look like curly, so he asked me to put it in rollers and dry it under the hooded drier. So I did that. We had a little bit of time left but I had another client coming in soon. But after the curls set, it basically just stuck out sideways.

Bozo the Clown (huffingtonpost.com)


Q. Like Bozo??
LT: Exactly! So then he asked me to straighten it because he didn't like it. Then he wanted it curly again, wanted me to also bleach it, and tie die it with ink. And it was fine but it was just like one unexpected thing after the other and it just kept getting weirder and weirder.

Then the weirdest part though is that he re-booked for another appointment and he had been under the name of, like, Mark So-and-so, and he had just given me really weird vibes so I ended up Googling him after he left and it was the name of a football player on the 49ers which definitely was not him. And the name he gave when he re-booked was different, and I looked that other name up and it was another 49ers player. So I called him saying, "Hey, there seems to be a little bit of a mix up on your file and we have two different names for you..."– and he never called back.

 ( Ummmm...WEIRD. )

Q. You told me that you're a mom. Do you cut their hair?  
LT: Yeah. She's a girl so...


Q. Does she like that you cut her hair?
LT: She always has since she was little, but recently I gave her a really short hair cut and....she's not happy. She's like, "You're not touching my hair!"


Q. So tell us about your new title here at Adorn.

LT: I am now also a Bridal Stylist. Adorn is really known for getting booked with lots of weddings - we were voted #1 in The Knot (for best bridal beauty salon in Asheville) – so we have a lot of weddings coming up. And when I was hired, they asked me if I was comfortable doing wedding hair – and I was. Then we did the Bridal Boot Camp which allowed me to train with the rest of the bridal team to learn about what they like what their brand is. So they all got to sort of test me out at the same time, to make sure that my bridal styling was up to par with theirs, and shortly after that they asked me to join the bridal team and I am just really happy.



LT working on one of the Bridal Boot Camp models


Q. What hair trends are you enjoying right now?

LT: Balayage - like hand painting - is really cool, I feel like it's really "in" and a lot of people like it. It can be different colors, it can be different placement of different hues. You can get really creative with the technique.


Q. Do you have any celebrity crushes?
LT: Not really. (laughs)


Q. Is there any celeb whose style you just freak out over?
LT: I love Emma Watson. I just love her. I think she's stylish and classy all at the same time. Other than that, I've always admired celebrities that are doing the more natural thing - like Mila Kunis. She always stands out to me - it's effortless. As a stylist, if someone sits down and asks me for something that they're trying to achieve I will obviously do my best to give them exactly what they want, but if they're asking me for recommendations, I will always say embrace what you have naturally - we can tweak it and play up on it.


Q. If you could do anyone's hair / alive or dead who would it be and why?

LT: Let's see....maybe Beyoncé. I just love her hair. It can be so voluminous, and full of texture and curls, but then you can also blow it out and it can be super straight. I love texture. It's my favorite thing to play with.

Queen B.





No comments:

Post a Comment