Thursday, July 4, 2013

Adorn Salon Welcomes New Stylist Stacey Baxter!


Adorn is proud to welcome our new stylist, Stacey Baxter, to our little family! Stacey easily fits into the Adorn feel with her great style and charming demeanor. We are excited to have her and hope you will be excited too!

Stacey, Tell me a little bit about yourself.

I pretty much grew up in Florida, been in Asheville about four years. I’m originally from Virginia. I love the mountains. Came to visit and like everyone else from Florida, decided to move up. I’ve been doing hair about six years.

How did you hear about Adorn?

I just kind of walked in on it. One of my friends saw the ad that said they were hiring and Elly said, ‘We are hiring!’

Have you worked at other salons in Asheville?

I’ve been in a few salons. I started at Beauty Parade and was there for about a year and then I went over to an Aveda salon in Biltmore Park and that was just not for me. Biltmore Park...Then I did booth rent at Salon Intuition which is near the Orange Peel and it’s a great, beautiful salon with great people, but there’s just not a lot of walk-in traffic. So I basically just had the clientele that I brought over from Beauty Parade.

How did you get into doing hair?

I originally started doing makeup for a friend that had a side gig doing Independent films and photography. I always had a little knack for makeup and did makeup for him for some shoots and he said, ‘Why don’t you do the hair too?” And I thought, well, I don’t really know how to do hair. So, I went to school for everything and decided that I really liked doing hair and you can make good money doing it.

What do you like most about doing hair now?

Being able to change people and make them feel better about themselves. Every client is different and through just that interaction with them, you definitely form a relationship and get to know someone on a personal level with doing their hair. You can just tell that people feel so much better and it’s definitely therapeutic too.

What are your interests outside of work?

I love my little dog Kermit, he’s a lab and Jack Russell mix. He’s really fun; I like to take him out places. I love going to thrift stores and picking out old furniture; cooking and baking. I just made some awesome maple, bacon cupcakes. I love local beer and catching shows at the Orange Peel.

What’s your favorite local beer spot?

Right now, Wicked Weed.

What’s your sign?
Aries.

What’s your favorite animal and why?

Cats because I relate a lot to them. They’re just full of personality.

Call now to book an appointment with Stacey: (828) 225-8828!

No comments:

Post a Comment