Friday, December 19, 2014

Kimala Says Farewell To Adorn

To My Beloved Adorn,


    When I first entered your door on Lexinton Ave. in 2006, I was a shy, uncertain, 16-year-old. Eight years later, I leave you a confident adult. It’s been a long and winding road and I have been so lucky. Over the years, I’ve moved around, changed area codes, schools, and boyfriends (haha), and Adorn has remained a consistent anchor, keeping me from getting blown away by the whirlwind that was my early 20’s. It’s been so much more than a job, it’s been my friends, my family, my support system and my heart.
    Through every major milestone, I had my mentor and, truly, my sister, Rebecca, to confide in and council with, providing me with insights into areas I could not navigate on my own. I had my dear friends (some would call them co-workers) to lean on or to have lean into me - because both positions help you feel stronger. I had the thriving community that is Adorn to explore my own creativity and figure out what I’m capable of as a friend, employee, human...I also had all of our wonderful clients, who met me years ago, who have seen me grow up, who remember me, and share their lives with us. It’s a beautiful thing to work in a place like Adorn where the whole philosophy is to make people feel beautiful - you all make me feel beautiful.
    Of course, it is my style to convey hearty theatrics, when we all know I will still be in and around Adorn all the time, as it will always be my favorite place. I love you all very much. I leave you how I came to you, with borrowed bravery and an openness to the unknown.


All My Love,
Kimala











No comments:

Post a Comment